Located adjacent to Mammoth Cave National Park, a World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Reserve, Diamond Caverns abounds in natural beauty.
For over 160 years Historic Diamond Caverns has offered tours of Kentucky’s most beautiful cave. Presented by state-of-the-art lighting, Diamond Caverns features intricate drapery deposits lining the halls in cascades of naturally colorful calcite. Thousands of formations decorate the cathedral-like chambers. Discover the beauty of Diamond Caverns with your family today.
OPEN AND OFFERING TOURS
Availability Not Guaranteed
Scroll to the bottom click on the map for directions!
Tours Approximately Every 45 min – 9am-5pm
Masks are required for entry into the gift shop and to take the cave tour. Mask must cover your nose and mouth,not be see through. Failure to comply can result in removal from the tour without a refund.
*First come first served, No reservations, Tours cap out at 20, availability not guaranteed.*
Covid-19 Response and Requirements:
We are very excited to welcome all of you back to Diamond Caverns! The Safety of our staff and guest is our top priority. Please review our revised policy to help you better plan your trip. In order to be in operation we have made the following adjustments:
- Cave tour capacities are maximized to 20 persons per tour.
- We have sanitation stations throughout our building for public use.
- All high touch areas are sanitized regularly throughout the day: Bathrooms, handrails, door knobs etc.
- Our employees are masked and all visitors are highly required to do the same.
- Masks are required to enter the cave itself and to do the tour, ( 1 hour, ½ mile walk; 100% humidity). The cave has small passages so to take the tour safely a mask will need to be worn at all times, by all people over the age of 3.
- Masks are required to enter the gift shop itself.
- Bathrooms facility will be available to the public.
- We will have 50% capacity in the gift shop (About 30 people)
If you wish to share your displeasure about these regulations with the State of Kentucky and request that we be allowed to operate them in accordance with CDC guidelines, please contact the following persons:
Director of Communications: Crystal Staley
Deputy Communications Director: Sebastian Kitchen
Office of the Governor
700 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601
If you have questions for Diamond Caverns reach out to us at:
This is probably the most beautiful cave we have ever been in. Very friendly staff.